The PHP Web Toolkit (phpwebtk) is a web application framework and toolkit for rapid development in PHP 5.
The framework portion uses PHP 5’s new object-oriented features to provide extensible and reusable solutions based on common creational, structural and behavioral software design patterns.
The toolkit portion provides a set of extensible, portable and reusable classes that integrate with some of the most popular PHP software for development such as ADOdb, htmlArea, Kses, Libmcrypt, Libmhash, and Smarty.
Together, the framework and toolkit provides a flexible and simple alternative to other more complex solutions resulting in a faster time-to-market, reduced errors, and greater innovation.
- PHP Web Toolkit Version 1.0.3 Alpha Release
- PHP Web Toolkit Version 1.0.2 Alpha Release
- PHP Web Toolkit Version 1.0.1 Alpha Release
- PHP Web Toolkit Version 1.0.0 Alpha Release
Public CVS Access
Anonymous Login: You must login as anonymous to access the CVS repository as follows:
- cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/phpwebtk login
Nightly Snapshot: You can download a nightly CVS snapshot at the following location:
View Repository: You can browse the CVS repository at the following location:
Download Modules: You can download specific code modules from the CVS repository as follows:
- cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/phpwebtk co modulename
Download Versions: You can checkout specific versions of code modules from the CVS repository as follows:
- cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/phpwebtk checkout -r PHPWEBTK_1_0_3_ALPHA_RELEASE modulename
- cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/phpwebtk checkout -r PHPWEBTK_1_0_2_ALPHA_RELEASE modulename
- cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/phpwebtk checkout -r PHPWEBTK_1_0_1_ALPHA_RELEASE modulename
- cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/phpwebtk checkout -r PHPWEBTK_1_0_0_ALPHA_RELEASE modulename
PHP is designed to run on multiple operating systems such as HP-UX, Linux, MacOS X, Microsoft Windows, OpenBSD and Sun Solaris. According to the current Netcraft Web Server Survey report, the top server is clearly Apache. Therefore, most testing will be done on Linux with Apache, MySQL and PHP since it is a common F/OSS environment. However, we need more testers because we would like to start testing on other environments, i.e., Microsoft, Sun and Zeus. If you are interested in becoming a tester, please contact us.
You must compile PHP with support for your web server, libmcrypt, libmhash, libxml and mysql at a bare minimum. If you wish to run PHP under Microsoft Windows, we highly recommend that you install Cygwin.
You may want to compile PHP with support for additional options to enable a more feature-rich development environment. In the future, as more classes are added, there may be some new dependencies such as ldap, openssl, soap, etc. so it's probably not a bad idea to include them now.
You can view the API documentation generated with phpDocumentor at the following location:
"Powered by" Buttons
Feel free to download any of the buttons below and display them prominently on web sites you've built with phpwebtk:
The buttons above were designed and donated by Brandon Carter. Thanks!